Monday, October 17, 2011

When Life Gives You Exploding Cupcakes...

...cover them in frosting. Lots and lots of frosting.

    This post was originally going to be titled "Cupcake Trial Run #2" and have an awesome tutorial of how to make yummy filled cupcakes. Cupcake run #1 went incredibly well, red velvet cupcakes with white chocolate filling and cream cheese frosting. These were consumed by my co-workers before lunch. I took that as an excellent sign. I hoped this trial run would be as successful. I was wrong. I wanted cupcakes that looked like this:
Happy Cupcakes!

 
Ultimately I got cupcakes that look like this: 

Sad, exploding cupcakes.
Which made me look like this: 
Sad Sunny.
What happened? What went wrong? It all started beautifully, devils food cake mix in hand. Added sour cream to make them not taste like they came from a box. Baked to perfection, which is a feat for someone who regularly sets off Phil's smoke detector. 

It happened with the marshmallow filling. Filling was prepared, put into pastry bag. As I began filling the cupcakes I realized it wasn't working. So I apparently squeezed too hard and the pastry bag exploded at the seams. Phil laughed. I pouted. I finally just made holes with the end of a wooden spoon and used a ziploc bag to try to put the filling in. I decided to hide my mistakes by covering them with lots of chocolate frosting. Here's the finished product:
Not too terribly shabby. 
I'm sure this will not be my last wedding project mishap. I'm not exactly a graceful person, just tonight I have had 3 very ungraceful incidences, one involving knocking out the screen door, a near mixer mishap, and not realizing that the pizza crust recipe was actually for two pizzas. Or one really disgustingly thick pizza. Ew. Now to go clean up the kitchen and head to my house to get some sleep. Good night! 
~Sunny~





No comments:

Post a Comment